BONUS EVENTS: Five free fascinating documentaries – celebrating artists around the world. Click here for all the details under “Around Town.”
Updated Saturday May 25, 2013
Today and Tonight:
* Rafael Rodriquez is playing at Social, reservations recommended, 176 7144, 7 p.m.
* Classical piano recital with Maestro José Miguel Rivera, Casa Haas, $100, 7 p.m.
* Zion Roots Band, El Roots Cafe, 7 p.m.
* Hello Summer hosted by dj Ceceña, Diego’s, sunset
* Fashion Style Mazatlan 2013: fashionistas will enjoy the competitions, the clothes, the models; the finalists strut their stuff at 8 p.m. Free, convention centre, call 176 7144 for more details
* Everado Castro, a romantic tenor, live at El Shrimp Bucket, 9 p.m.
* There’s more live music tonight, click here
* Brunch music at El Shrimp Bucket, and Copa de Leche
* Roosterford, Diego’s, 6 p.m.
* Fairly Honest Jon and the Truth, El Roots, 7 p.m.
* Rafael Rodriquez, in the kiosk Plazuela Machado, 7:30 p.m.
* Snapshots, 12 performers keep you entertained with a variety of readings, El Recreo, 5 p.m.
* Mazatlan karaoke, Las Flores, 7 p.m.
* Mazatlan karaoke, El Shrimp Bucket, 6 p.m.
* Lori and Rob Live at Social (reservations recommended 176 7144), 7:30 p.m.
* Movie, Interior/Exterior, part of the art doc DF series, free, Casa Haas 7:30 p.m.
* Popular singer Tanya Carrum is back at Diego’s, 5 p.m.
* Double feature at Casa Haas,free, 7:30 p.m.
* An encore performance of Snapshots, 12 local actors keep you entertained with various readings, El Recreo, 5 p.m.
* Popaganda: The Art and Crimes of Ron English, Casa Haas, free 7:30 p.m. (this follows the Danish doc, Klovn for livet.)
* Tribute to the band Cure, by The Cured, Diego’s, 11 p.m.
* Everyone is invited to celebrate Rob Lamonica’s musical birthday bash, Macaws, 7:30 p.m.
* There’s much more music tonight, just click here
* Students from the music school (CMA) perform a tribute to the music of Broadway, Casa Haas, $100, 7 p.m.
* DJ, Tatiana Nudelman, Diego’s, 9 p.m.
* Tribute to the band Cure, by The Cured, Sildavia Bistro, 9 p.m.
* Much more music on Saturday night, click here